In the past, Facebook has been plagued with security concerns. The most recent of which was a major breach that allowed hackers to see personal messages on messenger. If you have been wondering how to view secret conversations on Messenger app or desktop versions, then this article is for you! We will show you step-by-step instructions on how to do so and we’ll also teach you some tips and tricks that might help keep your account secure in the process.
We hope that these steps will give users more confidence when sending sensitive information over Facebook’s chat function and make it easier for everyone to protect themselves from future attacks.
How to view secret conversations on messenger from another phone
If you want to know how to view secret conversations on messenger from another phone, you have first access Facebook Messenger in your browser and log in to the account you want to view secret conversations on.
Click “Me” at the top right corner of any page and select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu. Then click on “Download a copy of your Facebook data,” which should be listed under the ‘General’ tab. Provide an email address associated with that account for verification purposes. After verifying the email account, it will generate an immediate download link which can take up to 24 hours depending upon how much information is stored within Facebook servers about this particular user profile. In this way, you can understand how to view secret conversations on messenger from another phone.
Once downloaded successfully, open the file folder marked as “Messages” by default or simply drag one of those files into another location desktop. This will automatically launch the folder containing all Facebook Messenger history. Right-click on any conversation to select “View Conversation” or open a chat window within that specific file and then press CTRL+F simultaneously keyboard to bring up an inbuilt search bar. At this point, users can easily copy conversations from one location onto another device through a USB cable connection for permanent storage purposes if they have multiple accounts across different devices including Windows PC, Macs as well as Android smartphones or iPhones. Hope, now, you understand how to view secret conversations on messenger from another phone.
Ways to view secret conversations on Facebook messenger
There are a number of ways in which you can view secret conversations on Facebook Messenger. The easiest and most common way is to simply open the messenger app, tap the “secret” button at the bottom right corner of your screen and select one of your friends’ names from your list. If someone has sent you a message that they have set as private, then this will be visible under their name in blue text with an eye icon next to it. It might seem obvious but make sure you have verified all contacts before trying any other methods!
Another option to view secret conversations on Facebook Messenger is going onto your profile settings by opening up Facebook app > scrolling down past apps -> click on “more” section -> Messenger. Tap on “Secret Conversations” and then toggle the switch to ON next to it. If you’re using an iPhone, there’s a third way of doing this which is slightly more complicated. First off, open Settings > Facebook > scroll down and tap on “Messenger.” Underneath “secret conversations,” toggle the switch to ON. Now open up the Messages app and find the conversation that you want to make secret – press and hold on it until a menu pops up with either an “X” or share button at the bottom left corner (depending upon whether you have an Android or iOS device).
Things you need to know to see secret conversations on messenger app
- You have to be friends with the person who is sending you a message for it to appear on your messenger app. If you are not, then there will be no secret conversations or private messages that can show up in your account. Therefore, to view secret conversations on Messenger app, check your friendship status.
- However, if you block someone from contacting again and they try again by using another Facebook user name, this time their new identity may just slip through. The blocked person could continue messaging as usual without being bothered by any notifications from FB Messenger because of how he/she did it before.
- If you’re the one who initiated the secret conversation, make sure to keep your phone turned on and close to you. FB Messenger will send you a notification when someone is trying to message you in a secret conversation that’s ongoing. Plus, if you don’t have an internet or cellular connection, then some messages from secret conversations may not be delivered to you.
- If for any reason you no longer want to continue secret conversations on Messenger app with someone, all you need to do is delete their chat messages within the thread. This will automatically end the secret conversation between both of you without having to worry about anyone else knowing about it. Just remember that deleting these chat messages means they can never be recovered again!
- Lastly, you can always tell when you’re in a secret conversation against your own will with someone by looking at the “Message Requests” tab in the main menu of Facebook Messenger. If there are any pending secret conversations on Messenger app from people that aren’t on our contact list, then this means you have already been added to a secret conversation with them, and they still haven’t gotten around to sending their message yet!
- In addition to being able to delete chat messages within a secret conversation thread, it’s also possible for both friends involved in the private messaging session to leave these hidden chats anytime they want. All either one needs to do is tap on the profile icon located at the top right corner of each person’s section inside this private group chat and select “Leave this Conversation” from the drop-down arrow. Easy peasy, right?
- If you find yourself in a situation where you want to delete specific secret conversations on Messenger app that your friend has sent inside this private chat session without either one of them noticing, then it’s possible for you to do so by going into “Secret Conversations,” and clicking on any individual message located under each person’s section. Afterward, simply select the time period when these secret chats initially began (i.e., entire conversation), or else enter different dates/times until you locate all deleted messages within this hidden thread. Then tap on the three vertical dots found at the top right corner of every selected item and choose “Delete Messages”.